Diablo 3 launcher stuck at updating tools
In this article, we’re going to focus on the update issue where gets stuck at 0%.Here’s how one gamer describes this issue: This solution will fix your update issues, but it’s only a temporary workaround.Yesterday I updated the Diablo 3 Launcher, now I got a "Failed to update tools" tooltip that when you dismiss it, it closes the launcher, how do I fix this fault scenario?Here it would seem like many others have the same issue and couldn't fix it even after uninstalling... Right click on the Diablo 3 setup file you downloaded via the Blizzard Downloader Select Properties Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3) (Note: Does not work on Vista.) Right Click the Icon, Run as Administrator. Delete your C:\Program Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Cache folder. Run the Downloader again, as administrator, and see if it gets past the “Updating Setup Files” window. This one worked for me: try and find the agent application in the folder (for example C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\battle.net\Agent).After a reasonable hiatus from Blizzard games, I have decided to reinstall Diablo 3.I used to have it installed and working on this machine and removed my previous install using Add/Remove Programs.Then the download is stuck at 0B/s and now when I'm trying to reinstall Battlenet it gets stuck in the installer. Make sure to disable proxy settings from the control panel: If you're using a VPN service like Hamachi, try disabling or uninstalling it. Of course, do not remove security software if you can't reinstall it, and always restore disabled security after testing.
Solution 3 – Change AMD Catalyst Control Settings In order to perform this solution, make sure that Diablo 3 isn’t running.
However, now when I try to reinstall the game, the Diablo 3 Setup starts 'Updating setup files...' and then hangs; I have had a quick google for ideas on how to fix it which seems to bring up a bunch of posts when the server loads were really high last year, nevertheless I have been through the list of suggestions, making sure that secondary login is enabled, running the installer as administrator, etc.
After leaving the installer for ~30 minutes, it finally brings up an error stating it could not run the Blizzard agent; This gives me an error code - BLZPTS00007 - which gives me a few more google hits including a seemingly official guide on how to troubleshoot agent issues on Battle.net, however performing the steps listed under 'Advanced Troubleshooting' still hasn't resolved my problem.
Which has nothing to do with proxies, which threw me off. Having issues with the battelnet app it will not log me in now it was fine this morning and then now it wont upload.
i uninstalled it turned all my protections off and firewall run as administrater nothing works!!!!